This Privacy Notice aims to provide you with information on how we collect and process your personal data when you interact with Peter Hill Credit & Financial Risks Limited.
Peter Hill Credit and Financial Risks Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (company registration number 3176329) with a registered office at 3 Tunnel Hill Mews, Blisworth, Northants NN7 3DA. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 467034
When you use our services, you share information with us and we wish to advise how we collect, use and with whom we share the information. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller of your personal data. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office in the UK under reference number ZA155183.
Information collected by us
If you have contacted us directly or indirectly through a third party, we may have obtained your email address, telephone number, postal address and company details. We may have also obtained information about your business, customers and commercial activities.
In addition, our servers, and other technologies automatically retain information. We share personal information with others only as described in this policy, or when we believe that the law requires us to do so.
How we use your personal information
We use your information in several different ways.
Category of personal data
• Send you messages by email or occasionally by text
• Details for confirmation of identification for example a copy of your Passport, Drivers Licence etc.
• Fraud prevention and detection
• Contact history
• Provide customer service and support
Who we share your personal information with
We share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
• Credit Insurers
• Bond and Surety Underwriters
• Credit Reference Agencies,
• Law Enforcement and Fraud Prevention Agencies if requested
• Companies approved by you
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold on to your information for as long as you are a client of Peter Hill Credit & Financial Risks Limited, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA –
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is attached to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
• We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
• Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific countries approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
• Where we use service providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
Applications for employment, current and former employees
All the information you provide will only be used for progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes or store any of your information outside of the EEA. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the position you have applied for.
How long your personal information will be kept
We do not collect more information than is required and will not retain it for longer than is necessary. Therefore, if you unsuccessfully apply for employment with us, we will delete your personal information once we have communicated this to you. There may be circumstances in which we will retain your data for a future opportunity and if this is the case, we will seek your express consent beforehand.
The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment. You do not have to provide the information requested however it may affect your application.
If we make you a conditional offer of employment we will ask you for information so that we can carry out pre-employment checks. You must successfully complete pre-employment checks to progress to a final offer. We are required to confirm the identity of our employees, their right to work in the United Kingdom and seek assurances as to their trustworthiness, integrity and reliability.
We would contact applicants to progress an application regarding their
• Previous employment history, for references, and their educational history
• Assess suitability for the role
• Passport/Visa details to confirm identity and the right to work in the United Kingdom
• Medical history if appropriate • Emergency contact details - in case of emergency to contact next of kin
• Banking information, National Insurance number and tax information for payroll
• Pension details
Control over your information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several important rights available to you for free. In summary, those include rights to:
• Be informed about how your personal information is being used
• Access the personal information we hold about you
• Request that we transfer elements of your data to another service provider
• Request us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• Request the deletion of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured format
• Object to processing of your personal data
For further information on each of these rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please:
Email DPO@Peterhillcredit.co.uk or call 01604 604444 providing
• Enough information for us to identify you;
• Proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and
• Advise the information to which your request relates
We will always try to respond to a legitimate request within 28 days.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If you are not happy with how we manage your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the UK the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.